Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Author Interview: Nicole Forcine

It's my pleasure to have MM romance novelist Nicole Forcine on my blog today, author of This Little Whatever. Welcome, Forcine! Tell us about your book and your process.

Why this story?

I've had the “opposites attract with a one night stand” idea bouncing in my head for a a while, and the archetypes of Jonathan and Dean have gone through a lot of settings and names for going on two years before I started on This Little Whatever.


Is there a story you've been wanting to write for a while, but haven't started it yet? What is it?

There is this science fiction plot bunny bouncing around in my head with a former pilot and a living ship.  I have names, I have some of the lore, what I've not had lately is time to hash everything out :)


Who is your favorite author/why?

Do I have to pick one?  I got so many, but who immediately come to mind are Amy Lane, Abigail Roux, Aleksandr Voinov, Marie Sexton, Andrew Grey, Kaje Harper, I can can go on for days.

What do you do when you hit writer's block?

Nothing breaks my writer's block with one project faster, then working on another project.  That habit is SO ANNOYING.

Do you have a particular routine when writing?

I go to my local coffee shop, greet the baristas, get a meal and a drink and finish those while updating my email.  Once I'm full and caught up, I boot up Pandora and get started.

Of all the characters you've created who is your favorite?

He's in This Little Whatever, and he's not either main character.  In writing my novel, I fell head over heels with Jonathan's little friend, Patch.  He's short, he's blonde, he plays with fire for a “living” and I can't wait to write more about him.

What else would you like us to know about you?

I like my beers dark and my men on each other :)



Let's take a closer look at This Little Whatever.

Get your copy today!

Excerpt:

Can I talk now?” I blinked dry eyes, dry because I’d been staring him down this whole time. Or maybe from the massive dehydration, who knew. At his nod, I continued, “You haven’t enabled me to do jack. I don’t know why I’m doing any of this shit with you. It just felt right, I guess. I expect tonight has completely messed all that up, huh?”
Hate to ruin your expectations, but you’re coming home with me, even if I have to lock you in the trunk to get there.”
I closed my eyes, blocking out the annoying light over our heads and the sight of that possessive look. “You still want me?”
I meant “want me around” or “want me in your house” or “want me in your bed,” but again, mouth was running before brain could catch up. Before I could revise my stupid fucking question, I heard the seat squeak, then a few steps, then felt Dean’s hand on my cheek. I didn’t open my eyes, and then there were lips on mine, soft, gentle, thankfully not too deep, because my mouth tasted like something had crawled into it and shat itself to death.
You better believe I want you. Still."


Author bio:

Nicole Forcine was born a strange child and former Georgia peach. When she was younger, she was never far from a composition book, a pen in hand, and way too many people in her head (she’s even been known to talk back to them). When two or more of them talk loud enough to overshadow the rest, a story is born. After years of writing and storing her tales in those books, she had a revelation: man, there are a lot of dudes kissing in these stories.

Her stories include themes of creating families of choice, how love can come in all forms and supersede all boundaries, and the joys and sorrows of earning a happily-ever-after.

Currently, she resides in Minneapolis with one of the most laid-back men in history and his even more laid-back cat. When she’s not writing (ha!), she’s saving the world/galaxy/humanity as we know it in the world of video games and general geekiness and opening other people’s mail for a living.

Contact her via e-mail, littlewhatever@gmail.com, on her blog,http://nicoleforcine.wordpress.com/, on Twitter, @NikiForcine, or on Facebook!








If you're an MM romance author and would like to do a guest blog leave a comment and let me know! 

No comments:

Post a Comment