Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Guest Blog: Keira Andrews


My guest today is novelist Keira Andrews, author of the bestselling MM Christmas romance Where the Lovelight Gleams.


Welcome, Keira! Let's break the ice with a few random questions.

Tell us one funny, goofy, dorky thing about you that people might not know.

Oh, I’m a complete dork. I don’t hide it! But people might not know that I love figure skating and follow the sport religiously.

Do you have a set daily/weekly writing schedule?

Yes. I aim for 3,000 words per day, five days a week. I get up by eight a.m. and work for a few hours before going to the gym for a class at noon. Then shower, lunch, and back to work until around seven p.m. Although sometimes I’ll keep going if I’m on a roll! I usually work through the weekend so I can take some time off mid-week to run errands or perhaps sneak in a cheap Tuesday matinee.

What inspires you to write a story (pictures, music, movies, etc.)?

Just life, I suppose. Movie and TV definitely can be inspirations as well. I’m working on a werewolf romance right now that I likely would never have wanted to do if not for the TV show Teen Wolf. My book is completely different in mythology and setting, but because of the show I had werewolves on the brain!

What are some of your favorite things to do when you're not writing?

I’m a big TV and movie person. My to-watch list will get very long when I’m working feverishly on a new book, and then I’ll spend a few days marathoning the shows I missed. I also love yoga and walking. I live in downtown Toronto, which is great for walking everywhere.

Who, if anyone, has influenced your writing?

Hmm. That’s a tough one. I’m inspired by many authors. I also would say that some reviewers have influenced my writing with constructive criticism.

I love pizza with (fill in the blank).

Ham and pineapple!

What's your favorite dessert?

Oh, that’s a toughie. I’ll have to go with ice cream. Haagen-Dazs cookie dough and mint Oreo are faves.

What's your favorite season?

Summer because the days are so long and I love the sunshine. But there’s something I love about all the seasons. The crispness of bright fall days, Christmas in winter, and hearing the birds singing again in spring.

Do you have a favorite sport?

As mentioned, I’m crazy about figure skating. I also love tennis.

Paperback, hardback or ebook?

These days I have to go with ebook! I can’t remember the last time I bought a paper book, even though I do still love them.

What's your favorite "drug" of choice? (soda, coffee, chocolate, cigarettes, marshmallow peeps, etc.)

Diet Coke, hands down.

What can readers expect from you in 2014?

Speaking of figure skating, my new m/m skating romance, Cold War, is coming from Loose Id in February just in time for the Olympics! I’ll also have that werewolf romance (also featuring a zombie apocalypse) and a WW II-era historical.

Anything else you want people to know?

My new Christmas romance, Where the Lovelight Gleams, is an All Romance Ebooks bestseller. This is a first for me, so I’m really excited! Best Christmas gift I could have asked for. :)





Get your copy today from 


Blurb:

This Christmas, actor Ryan Drake is pining. He may get to kiss gorgeous Cary Holloway on the set of their hit TV show, Space Academy, but he knows it’ll never happen in real life. Charming Cary–the son of Hollywood royalty–is straight, as evidenced by his starlet girlfriend. But Christmas is a time for unexpected gifts, and Cary accepts Ryan’s invitation to leave the palm trees behind and spend the holiday with his family at their cabin in the Great White North.

Amid the snow and mistletoe, Ryan struggles to keep his longing under wraps. Little does he know, Cary wrestles with his own unspoken desires, and his very identity. Surrounded by family and holiday joy, their warm friendship deepens. Will these two co-stars have the courage to brave Hollywood pressures and take their romance offscreen–or will it be only in their dreams?

Find out if Ryan and Cary can take their romance off-screen this Christmas! Get your copy today! 


Author bio:

After writing for years yet never really finding the right inspiration, Keira discovered her voice in gay romance, which has become a passion. She writes contemporary, historical, fantasy and paranormal fiction, and – although she loves delicious angst along the way – Keira firmly believes in happy endings. For as Oscar Wilde once said, “The good ended happily, and the bad unhappily. That is what Fiction means.” You can find out more about Keira and her books online at her website, Facebook and Twitter.








No comments:

Post a Comment