You've all heard about the great Indiana Pizza Nonsense of 2015, right? If you haven't, you can read about it here. There are a lot of lessons in this mess. The most obvious being that open hostility is the wrong response to a group that mistakenly believes they are the victim in this fight for equality.
No, this isn't a rant. It's an opportunity. Supporters of the pizza place handed them more than $1 million dollars for their pain and suffering. (The linked article was published before the fundraiser ended.) That gave a few people an idea. If they can generate a landslide of cash to support ignorance, we can generate one to support equality.
224 authors and publishers who support LGBTQIA rights got together to donate books to the cause. Now it's your turn!
Here's how it works:
- Pick a charity that supports LGBTQIA people. Local, national, international. We don't care. If you're stumped we have a few suggestions.
- Make a donation of any amount.
- Go to the Push Back blog post
- Leave a comment at the bottom telling us which charity you chose to support.
- Enter the Rafflecopter giveaway. (You can only enter once and winners will be randomly selected from all entries.)
- Tell EVERYBODY!
Help us make a statement to those who still don't get what anti-discrimination laws are for. This fight isn't about the freedom to be hateful. It's about the freedom to be.